Students, find out how to:
- ADJUST to the academics and manage your time
- GET HELP when you need it – academic & emotional
- GROW your social circle
- RESPOND in social situations if alcohol/drugs are offered
- KNOW and understand SHS rules and the law as it applies to you
- MAKE the most out of SHS
- The facts and consequences regarding vaping
- The laws associated with hosting a student party
- How to host an alcohol- /drug-free student party
- About your student’s social transition
- What developmental growth you can expect
- How you can support the academic/social change
- How to recognize signs of drug/alcohol abuse
- How you can access resources and find support
Don’t miss this SIMULTANEOUS learning opportunity for your student and yourselves.
Stevenson High School – Recital Hall
One Stevenson Drive, Lincolnshire, IL
Please enter via Lot B Circle Drive Entrance.
Recital Hall is located to the right of the Performing Arts Center (PAC).
Incoming Stevenson freshmen will hear from a panel of SHS Catalyst students and have a casual, candid Q&A discussion about social life at school and on weekends for Stevenson students.
In another room:
Parents of incoming Stevenson freshmen will hear from an expert panel including:
- Claudia Kasten, Chief of Juvenile Division, Lake County, IL State’s Attorney’s Office
- Dr. Cristina Cortesi, Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator, Stevenson High School
- Officer Rick Coakley, Stevenson School Resource Officer (SRO), Lincolnshire Police Department
- Stuart & Laurie Kessler, Parents of a former SHS student who has struggled with addiction
For planning purposes, we ask that parents and their students please RSVP via EVENTBRITE. Just click on the button below!
ALL incoming 2018-19 Stevenson freshmen, their parents, and other interested adults are welcome to this community program.
Email Stand Strong Executive Director, Jamie Epstein: email@example.com